Friday, January 6, 2012

Poop and the Fabulous Christmas Parade Extravaganza

I love that title. It sounds like a very messed up Children's Christmas Book.

I would totally buy it!!


Okay so Christmas was fabulous, as always! You know I was all excited. I am a Christmas FREAK! I adore every aspect. Christmas trees, christmas candy, christmas cookies, christmas prime rib, christmas desserts...seeing a theme? I am nothing if not predictable.

My kids were excited too. We were caroling and singing our little hearts out. Their favorite is Mr.Grinch. They adore that song, adding in little lyrics of their own which usually have something to do with poop. Ahhh the life of having two boys strikes again.

You see, poop is not a bad word in our house...I tried that. They were in timeout literally every 2 minutes so in my great parenting style I let it go so I wouldn't have to deal with it. I thought maybe it was because I told them they couldn't say it that they wanted to say it. Nope. Turns out poop is just funny in general. You totally just giggled, didn't you. Don't lie.


We went to the Christmas parade again!! It was a ball and a half of good times. This year we went with our friends Caroleenalou and Jamister. They have two small boys also, and we like to hang out with them because their boys hit back. So it's usually an even match. It's always nice to walk away from an evening out knowing it was an even match up.



We did the usual, went super early, rode the train, walked to the parade, then...oh then it all changed this year. You see in the years past we would cram into a good spot, one of us battle out for that spot with other cut-ins until the parade started while the other searched for donuts, coffee, and hot chocolate. Well this year we were lapping in luxury as Caroleenalou's dad has an office that faces the parade. It was fabulous, warm, and we could just wak right down and see the parade when it started.

Love that look on the kids face when they watch the parade.

Enamored with the parade



Lil'Guy hanging with dad...and glaring at mom for no reason







So after that we walked back to the train, almost lost Lil'Guy, rode to our cars, had lunch, then went to the Arboretum to see Santa.

Yes, I am going to ignore the fact that we almost lost Lil'Guy.

We gave them hot chocolate, so I am still counting this day as a parenting win.


 
Santa was cool, Cooper had a "Ralphie" moment when he sat on his lap and went blank. Then panicked and told him "remote control helicopter" three times. Luckily Santa heard him and we are all good now.

Holy Batman.....it's Santa...she wasn't just yanking our chain.



Oh.


OH.

OH OH OH....the best part? Check out what I found at the Arboretum's Gift Shop:




That's right. Honey Badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a s**t.

If you have no idea what this means I will warn you...this probably means that you are probably old. Like I was, until last weekend when I watched the you tube on it also.

Now I'm totally, like, totally hip on the, like, times, like. Snap.


 
Crackle. Pop. (Sorry I never could hear somebody say that without mentally adding that. Damn. Now I'm old again.)



Okay the rest of Christmas went by in a blur of wrapping paper, wine, mimosas, lots of driving, and little to no sleep.


It was absolutely fantastic. We went back to KS and OK this year during Christmas, which will be a one time thing but it was great to get to spend that time with everyone.


Lil'Dude got a remote control helicopter (which was broke by 9:30am, returned when we got back to TX, and somehow Brewerman came out with one also...so now we have two...oh and did I mention that these shoots laser beams at each...hmmmm WHOSE gift was this again!?).



Lil'Guy got the K'nex Mario track. Yes, he still adores all thing Mario. He loved it, we hated it. Turns out being an adult blows on Christmas because, unlike when you were a kid and everything magically appears, you have to spend hours putting every darn toy together. Ugh.

I got an incredible 12 cup food processor, and Brewerman scored the highest and got his Blichmann Brewing system. He has brewed twice already on it. It's like the Cadillac of brewing. I'm just happy it looks official enough the neighbors will stop thinking we are cooking meth in our garage.


Basically like this...but instead of the cooler there is another pot. Because he "had" to have it.

Well on that lovely note, my promise to myself is to keep this up more, ya know, the whole blogging thing. I have sooooo much to say and so little time to say it. Basically: kids are nuts as always (wouldn't have it any other way), husband still sucks at sharing but after 10 years of marriage I forgive him, and my job is amazing, I love the people, location, everything...but darnit if I don't have the time I used to!

Peace love and chicken grease. Here are some photos for your all around general enjoyment:

Lil'Guy showing his signature move to Lilihipster

The boys with their Mario (MARIO!!) PJ's and swords

NOT happy to have to stop and take a darned picture

No makeup, mimosa, crappy pj's = fantastic christmas morning

Truley just posting this because as bad as I looked, my brother looks worse. Ha!

 

Oh...and my new years resolution is to cuss less.

After this post.


Stop laughing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment